Friday, June 5, 2009

Weeeee!!!

I have been silent for a while, and one of the reasons is that I got a telephone call from my boss on Wednesday. She asked me if I would be interested in an office job instead of being a shop assisstant, which I've been for 7 years now. I said I was and yesterday already I was at a meeting with them! They offered me the very position I said I would have wanted when another girl got it! They didn't know that of course, so I was very happy. I will get a raise, my own computer and desk, pluss now I work 8am - 4pm. A much better time! Frode is really thrilled and my parents too.:oD
And the best of it?? I get to work normal hours at x-mas!! Well, I will help in the shop as I live nearby and they need extra help. But it will be soooo weird to work there under another boss. The shop kinda feels like my little baby as I was a part of bringing it to it's feet when it almost went under. Now my coworker has said she would apply for it, so we'll see who ends up getting the job. Her or a new one. No matter what, they will get a new employee out there.
More girls are quiting their jobs in the shops these days. One has been accepted into paramedic school. One is pregnant. One has gotten her baby but won't come back most likely. And one girl will probably be accepted into school. So we need something like 4 new people! 2 of them shop managers. This is really a tough situation.

My new job will be handeling our websites outlook. I also will work together with another girl on this part, so I may do some articles for magazines, and help others if they have too much to handle.:o) I have already started a little bit, but my first day of really starting the programs starts on Wednesday next week. They hope I will be able to go into a 100% position in the middle of August. :o)

So early mornings for me. Suddeny I have to leave the house at 6:30 instead of 9:30 (early shifts) or 12:3o (late shifts). The way is a bit long, so I have to walk to the trainstation, then from the trainstation in Oslo to the bus stop my bus goes from. The bus stops at the door where I work. Jey!:oD

4 comments:

Riikka Johanna said...

That's great news!!! :) Congrats dear! :)

Busy little Bee said...

Thank you Johanna. I am very excited about this.:o)

Laura said...

Hei, I am so happy for you!! I know how motivating can be to find a place to work that suits you better. I wish you all the best with your new job! *hugs*

Busy little Bee said...

Thanks Laura for your kind words. I am very motivated indeed. I feel like I already have started my new job and that I am just filling out the saturday for my coworker today. ;o) LoL!